打印本文 打印本文 关闭窗口 关闭窗口
李阳疯狂英语 突破对话MP3第62课在线学习Lesson62
作者:未知  文章来源:互联网  点击数  更新时间:2008-09-26 21:26:39  文章录入:admin  责任编辑:admin

Lesson62

2、 Asking For Directions问路

(1)How to Get There 到那该怎么走

A:Do you sell maps?
你们卖地图吗?

B:No, I’m sorry, we don’t.
对不起,我们不卖地图。

A:Just my luck.
真倒霉。

B:Maybe I can help you.
也许我可以帮助你。

A:Well, can you tell me how to get to Orlando? I want to take my family to Disney World.
好的,你能告诉怎么去奥兰多吗?我想带家人去迪斯尼乐园。

B:Sure. Follow the highway south for about ten miles and get off at Exit 30. At the end of the ramp, make a left onto Highway 4.
当然可以。沿公路往南走,大约10英里,在30号出口下公路,再在坡道的尽头向左转走4号公路。

A:Left at the end of the ramp?
在坡道尽头向左转?

B:Yes, then, at the traffic light, turn right onto Ocean Road. At the next intersection, turn left and you’ll be at the entrance to Disney World.
是的,然后在红绿灯向右转向海洋大道。在下一个路口再向左转你就到了迪斯尼乐园的门口了。

A:Thanks a lot.
太感谢您了。

B:You’re welcome.
别客气。




(2)Parking 停车
A:You can’t park here! You’ll get a ticket!
你不能把车停在这儿。会罚款的。

B:I’ve had it! Parking in this city is a nightmare! Let’s look for a parking lot.
真够受。在这个城市里停车简直是受罪!咱们还是找个停车场吧。

A:There’s one right over there, and it’s only two dollars an hour.
那边有个停车场,而且一个小时只收2美元。

B:Hi. Here’s your ticket. Back up in that space next to the blue Honda. Just leave the keys in the car, but remember that we’re not responsible for any valuables left in your car.
这是你的停车票。请倒车停在那辆兰色本田车旁边的位置。把钥匙留在车里,但是我们对留在车里的贵重物品是不负责任的。

A:In that case, I’ll take my bag with me. By the way, could you tell us how to get to the Court House?
如果是这样的话,我最好把我的皮包带上。另外,你能告诉我们去法院怎么走吗?

B:No problem. Walk two blocks straight ahead, then make a right. You’ll see a gas station on your left. Pass the gas station and make another left down Thompson Street. The Court House will be right in front of you. It’s across the street from a Mc Donald’s.
没问题。一直走两个街区,然后往右拐,在你的左边有一个加油站,过加油站在汤姆森街往左拐,法院就在你眼前了。它就在一个麦当劳的对面。

A:So, I take a left after the gas station, onto what street?
那就是说,过了加油站往左拐,拐向什么街?

B:Thompson Street.
汤姆森街。

A:Thompson. Thanks.
汤姆森街,谢谢。

B:Any time. 不用谢。


额外成就感
交通用语
traffic light 交通灯,红绿灯
* When the traffic light turns green you can go. 绿灯行。
* It’s dangerous crossing the street here because there is no traffic light.
因为这没有红绿灯,所以过马路很危险。

intersection 十字路口
* You have to watch for traffic if you cross an intersection.
过马路的时候一定要小心。
* This is the busiest intersection in the city.
这是这个城市中最繁忙的十字路口。

crosswalk 人行横道
* In a crosswalk, pedestrians have the right of way.
在人行横道上,行人有优先权。
* You didn’t stop at that crosswalk back there. You need to be more careful.
你没有在人行横道处停车。你要小心点。

stop sign 停车标志
* You always have to stop at a stop sign.
遇到停车标志你一定要停下来。
* Make a left turn at the stop sign ahead.
在前面那个停车标志左转。

ticket 违章通知单;罚款单
* You’ll get a ticket if you park in a no parking zone.
你在禁停区停车是要被罚款的。
* I can’t believe that officer gave me a ticket. I was only driving one mile above the speed limit.
那个警察居然罚我的款。我才超速了一英里。

超级动词

turn转动, 旋转, 转变方向
* He turned red with anger.
他气得满脸通红。
* At the intersection, turn onto Wangfujing Street.
在十字路口,拐向王府井大街。
* Don’t turn this into a big deal. It’s only a little problem.
别小题大做,这只是个小问题。

look 看,注视
* You look nice in white.
你穿白色衣服很好看。
* Don’t look at me like that!
别那么看我!
* I’ve been looking for my glasses, but I can’t find them.
我找了半天眼镜也没找着。
* Could you look after my baby while I go shopping?
我去买东西的时候你能帮我看一下孩子吗?

take拿;取;抓;获得;接受;感受
* I’ll take my bag with me.
我要把包带上。
* If you’re hot, take off your coat.
你要是热的话就把大衣脱掉。
* I take it back; I shouldn’t have said that.
我收回所说的话,我不该那么说。
* He doesn’t look like his mother, he takes after his father.
他跟他妈妈长得不像,他像他爸爸。

back up 倒车;支持
* Please back up your car in the corner over there.
请把你的车倒到那个拐角处。
* I really need your support. Could you back me up on this?
我非常需要你的支持。你能在这方面支持我们吗?
* Why didn’t you back me up? I was really counting on you.
你为什么不支持我?我就指望你呢。

打印本文 打印本文 关闭窗口 关闭窗口